Be part of a winning team...
Woodhouse Adventure Park – located in the Adelaide Hills, just 25 minutes from the city – is a leader in youth activity and maintains high brand recognition within family, corporate, social and education communities.
We build group development, promote self-growth and create connections to nature through our shared love of the outdoors and experience-based accommodation.
With the full support of Scouts SA, an organisation made up of over 250 employees, opportunity to progress into adventure-based outdoor education at sister property Roonka River Adventure Park in the Riverland, and on the job training, a casual position with the Camps & Adventure Parks team can lead to a fulfilling career.
We cultivate a supportive atmosphere where every staff member is treated with dignity and respect, and where all ideas and opinions are valued and given a voice.
Shifts ranging from three to nine hours are available weekdays (term and holidays), weekends and public holidays so work can fit around your personal commitments – ideal for university, TAFE and senior high school students.
Additionally, if you have a passion for working with children in the great outdoors but prefer the comfort of your own bed at the end of the day, or if you simply want to explore outdoor education, we are the perfect option for you.
As a member of our diverse and inclusive team, your ultimate goal is to create exceptional, memorable experiences for all ages through fun and challenging outdoor activities. You will work across a varied range of offerings – alongside a great bunch of like-minded outdoor enthusiasts – supervising and leading activity programs with a primary focus of keeping participants safe and engaged.
- Mid-week – school term: Your main role is facilitating school camps and excursions. At Woodhouse, you’ll lead activities from Challenge Hill obstacle course and Geocaching, to Bridge Building and Team Challenges – as well as running Laser Skirmish and Tube Slides. At Roonka, the program will also include water activities such as paddling and raft building.
- Mid-week – school holidays (Woodhouse only): We welcome heaps of OSHC and community groups and many will book a private Tube Slide session requiring facilitation. We also run facilitated ‘drop & go’ day camps designed for 5-12 year olds, with a different activity theme each day.
- Weekends (Woodhouse only): Anything from running a team building session with a corporate group, being a birthday party host for an adventurous bunch of 10-year-olds, running a game of Laser Skirmish or pushing overnight guests and day visitors down the Tube Slides.
- Office work – 7 days (Woodhouse only): Available for those who also enjoy being in the office. Duties include checking groups into buildings, welcoming general public for the day or camping, helping out with the phones, emails and all the back end planning and organising for camps.
A successful candidate will be energetic and have a friendly and welcoming nature, be a keen multi-tasker and will realise success through extraordinary customer service, exceptional communication, an eager attitude to succeed and a strong passion for the property and visitor experiences.
Explore the websites, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Check
Must complete upon employment (if not held):
- Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Master Class (RRHAN)
- Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID010, HLTAID009, HLTAID011)
Advantageous qualifications held:
- Bronze Medallion/Perform Basic Water Rescue (SISCAQU002)
- Remote/Wilderness First Aid (SISXEMR002, SISFLD004)
- Food Safety training
- Any other SIS qualifications
- Retail – Exurbia: The Adventure Supply Co.
- Office-based – Scouts SA – Operations and Membership
- Attendant – Scout Recycling Centres
Join the Woodhouse Service Crew!
- Weekend Service Crew duties looking after recycling, site clearing, general duties
- Tuesday work group conducting all sorts of general maintenance, including Challenge Hill
- Gardening group run by the SSS (Scout Social and Service group)
- Mowing and tractor work
Email email@example.com for more info
There are many ways to volunteer with Scouting and they require various amounts of commitment but they all come with the opportunity to build great relationships and the satisfaction of helping your community. Click through to see opportunities…